We’re seeking a vibrant, dynamic self-starter to join the LOACOM team.
Main Job Duties
Will assist LOACOM in meeting the contractual obligations of its clients, managing and/or assisting with up to 2-3 client accounts. Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a key interface between LOACOM staff and clients in executing contractual obligations related to marketing, communications, strategy, or other.
- Offer direct services and support to LOACOM clients related to marketing, communications, strategy, and related support. Responsibilities will include:
- Communication strategy design and execution
- Social media account management
- Digital ad. placement and management
- Content procurement/creation/development
- General communications support including email, web, etc.
- Media outreach and public relations
- Basic graphic design
General LOACOM Support
Accounts Manager may be enlisted to provide support in additional ways as follows:
- May be asked to assist in the continued development of the LOACOM company brand as well as infrastructure/capacity.
- May be asked to represent LOACOM publicly, including:
- Representation of LOACOM and/or clients at events and community gatherings
- Interfacing with community groups or individuals on sponsorship requests
- Public speaking
- Will provide team support with basic graphic design needs
- Will be asked to participate in weekly team meetings, retreats, and other team efforts to greatest extent feasible.
- 3 years experience (minimum) social media account management
- Experience designing and executing digital campaigns for businesses and/or nonprofits
- Graphic Design (Ai, Ps, InD, Canva)
- Familiarity with WordPress and basic web design skills
- Familiarity with scheduling platforms such as HeyOrca, Hootsuite, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
April 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
$20-30/hour (DOE) for approximately 20 hours per week; possibility to grow into full time position.
Qualified candidates only, please. Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Available Internship Positions
Content & Events Intern
Content: Will provide direct support to LoaTree Inc./LOACOM staff in meeting client contract obligations as well as internal organizational needs. Content support may include any of the following:
- Social Media - Intern will support the management of LoaTree Inc./LOACOM’s social media accounts, as well as those of our clients, as deemed appropriate by the Communications Team. Social media platforms most frequently used include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Tasks will specifically include the development and implementation of content calendars, daily posting of content, assisting with social media campaigns, assisting with digital advertisements, tracking analytics and more.
- Email Communication - Assistant may support staff in generating content for email newsletters and general email outreach on behalf of clients and for internal Loa purposes as necessary. Assistant will develop and/or procure content, layout email designs using Mailchimp, and schedule/send email newsletters as necessary.
- Press Outreach/Research – Assistant may provide support to staff and clients on an ‘as needed’ basis to meet a variety of press outreach needs. This may include drafting and or sending press advisories/press releases, updating media lists, conducting specific outreach to regional/national targets based on client needs, updating media lists, researching new media/PR strategies, etc.
- General Support - As part of the various responsibilities described above, Assistant may support staff by providing a variety of general support services including, but not limited to, light graphic design, light web design, research emerging communication platforms, implementing growth strategies for LOACOM/LoaTree’s social platforms, general office support, and more.
Events: With 4 big event clients on the spring horizon, this position requires assistance and support in event production and planning. Event support may include any of the following tasks:
- Provide creative input and brainstorming to develop the program as a whole
- Participate in event meetings
- Event marketing and outreach
- Securing event details
- Permitting needs
- Volunteer/intern identification, recruitment, and management
- Budget identification
- On-site presence April 26-28;
Term: Immediate; 6-month commitment requested
- School credit
- Possibility for stipend
- $1 tokens to the Santa Barbara farmers market for every 5 days of biking or alternative transportation to work, payable/quarter
- Extra benefits include inclusion on team happy hours, lunches, and outings; free coffee and tea